Monday, December 15, 2008

The arrival of Drake

So, since I had Drake everyone and their dog have been telling me that I need to start a blog so here it is! I guess for my first post I will tell about the day Drake was born. I was 36 weeks along and we had some friends over our house on Saturday night and we were in the computer room looking up funny videos on You tube. Well Clay pulled up a funny video that I had already seen before and I started to giggle a little bit and when I did this water started to leak out so I thought that I had just peed my pants (I had a very weak bladder near the end of my pregnancy but that’s a whole other post we wont get into right now). So I slowly walked out of the room so no one would notice that I was leaving and went into the bathroom. I did my business in there and as I was "cleaning up" I heard our friends getting ready to leave, so I walked out of the bathroom and stood on the top of the stairs to say good bye to our friends. But as I was standing there water started to leak out again and this time it was running down my leg. So our friends left and Clay and I walked into the kitchen and I said "Clay I am kind of freaking out right now because I think my water might have broke". He looked at me and said "are you sure or did you just pee your pants?" I said I was pretty sure that this wasn’t pee and as I was talking to him I felt it coming again so I said "here it comes again!" and cupped my hands below me and water started to gush out onto the kitchen floor. (The expression on Clays face at this point was PRICELESS!!) So Clay asked me what he should do and I said call my mom. We tried to call her but she was at a Halloween party and didn’t answer her phone. So next we called my cousin Dani who has basically been my coach throughout my whole pregnancy, and she said that we should probably go to the hospital. I got off the phone with her and went to find Clay, because he had mysteriously disappeared. I found him in the computer room looking up on the internet "what to do when your water breaks"!!! I told him that we need to go to the hospital, he told me that I needed to relax and that the internet said that when your water breaks you should lay down for a half an hour and when you stand up after if there is still water running down your leg than go to the hospital! I laughed at him and said that you don’t wait if you are 4 and 1/2 weeks away from your due date. So I went into the bedroom to change and Clay walked in and asked if I was ready to go and that's when the reality of the whole thing hit me and I started to bawl. Clay hugged me and said it was going to be alright and I told him he was wrong because the next time we come home we will have a baby and we weren’t ready yet. I asked him to give me a blessing, so he did that real fast and I grabbed a towel for the leaking water and we were out the door. We arrived at the hospital at about 11:30 p.m. and I was already dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced. The labor and delivery were pretty easy I pushed for about 20 minutes and out popped Drake Jordan Jaggi at 7:25 a.m. the next morning. And even though he was over a month early he was perfectly healthy and weighed 6.2 pounds and was 18 and 1/2 inches long.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cute post, I love it! You're so funny, you make me laugh. That's an awesome story! :) We're so glad everything went well with you and little Drake seeing how he was so early!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog... now I know! Great birth story of Drake. I never get tired of hearing birth stories your's it's funny, but glad everything went great with you and Drake.

Kellie Henry said...

Wait, you have a blog and you didn't tell me? Oh ya, you have only posted once! Get on board chica! I need to see more pictures of Drake! LOL.